22 High-Level, Brand Insights On Profitable & Consumer-Driven Plant-Based Trends, Innovations & NPD: Drive Growth & Boost Sales Through Effective Plant-Based, Vegan, Healthy, Clean & Natural New Product Development Success With The Latest Insights Into Consumer Trends & Perceptions & Innovations In Plant-Derived Ingredients, Sustainability, Packaging & New Technologies.
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 8th February 2022, Central London.
08.30 Registration, Informal Networking & GIC Welcome
09.00 Morning Co-Chair’s Opening Remarks
Nicola Diogenous, Head of NPD & Innovation, Jacksons
Simone Sheehan, Consumer & Sensory Science Director, Quorn Foods
CUSTOMER TRENDS, PERCEPTIONS & UNDERSTANDING - Q&A Panel
09.10 Capitalise On The Latest Customer Trends & Insights To Drive Product Development & Category Growth In Your Plant-Based & Vegan Customer Base
• Data, data, data: support claims behind who, when, where and how people are consuming plant-based, and maximise potential for further product development
• Critical retailing insights! What are retailers stocking, how are the plant-based SKUs performing, and what do retailers prioritise in the products they stock?
• With Veganuary trends and insights hot off the press, uncover how flexitarians are driving category growth and understand their purchase drivers and barriers to target meat-reducers, not just meat-free
• Future forecasting, macro market trends and global insights: what is going to break into the market next, and where do opportunities lie?
Mark Schomberg, Global Lead Development Chef, pladis Global
Elena Devis, Vegan Category Lead, Deliveroo
Emily Herrero, Commercial Manager Plant Based, Winterbotham Darby & Co
Daniel Campbell, New Product Development Scientist, LUSH UK & Europe
Simona Cohen-Vida-Welsh, Product Developer, Waitrose
Lee Boakes, Head of NPD & Innovation, Huel
Dominika Minarovic, Co-Founder, BYBI
NPD WITHIN PLANT-BASED, VEGAN & NATURAL - Double Perspective
09.40 Showcase NPD Success & Stay Ahead Of The Curve With Competitive & Profit-Boosting Plant-Powered, Vegan & Natural New Product Development
- From market analysis and data collection to product development… make your mark with in-demand products consumers truly want and need
- Track customer behaviours to determine what the plant-based market looks like today, and uncover the innovation opportunities of tomorrow
- What is going to trip you up? Strike the right balance between creative innovation and regulatory compliance to ensure you consistently hit-the-mark
- Replacements and alternatives… discover the latest plant-derived innovations to elevate your products and make you stand out from the (competitive) crowd
09.40 Perspective One
Kyrsten Halley, Marketing Director Plant Based, Samworth Brothers
Mia Hartwell, Brand Creation Lead Plant-Based, Samworth Brothers
10.00 Perspective Two
Ellen Chapman, Product Developer, Winterbotham Darby & Co
10.20 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
10.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
SUSTAINABILITY - Double Perspective
11.20 Unearth Key Insights To Tackle The Environmental Impact Of Plant-Based & Vegan Products To Secure Consumer Trust & Ultimately, Reduce Our Carbon Footprint
- Deep dive into the science behind healthy, sustainable diets and behaviour change to determine how brands and retailers can step up to encourage sustainable consumer diets
- Sustainability is complex! How do we define it, whilst avoiding greenwashing? Could the answer be in standardised, enforced climate labelling?
- Sourcing sustainably… champion the environment with proactive product solutions and regenerative agricultural practises
- Balancing the scales: does the processing power required to create lab-based meats cancel out the sustainable potential associated with natural products?
11.20 Perspective One
Joanna Trewern, Sustainable Diets & Behaviour Change Specialist, WWF-UK
11.40 Perspective Two
Liz Forte, Marketing Director Business & Industry, Compass Group UK&I
12.00 Revolutionise Your Vegan & Plant-Based Products With Game-Changing Ingredients That Tick All The Right Boxes
- Meet ever-increasing consumer demands surrounding provenance and locality of ingredients to truly innovate stand-out new products
which satisfy allergen standards
- What will the plant-based market look like in the next 5 years and where will the ingredients come from?
- Certified, breakthrough and red flag ingredients: everything you need to know about what is coming to disrupt the market next, how to prove efficacy, gain certification, and what to avoid!
- Regenerative and organic farming: ensure your ingredient sourcing supply chain is positively impacting the environment and consider the importance of organic in plant-based products
James Fisher, Lead Product Developer, Marks & Spencer
12.20 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
INFORMAL BREAKOUT DISCUSSIONS
12.50 Informal Peer-To-Peer Breakout Discussions
A) Allergens & Free-From
B) Meat Alternatives
C) Dairy Alternatives
D) Egg Replacement
F) Data & Metrics
G) Plant Proteins
13.20 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Opening Remarks
Daniela Busseni, Head of Category, Development - Sweet Treats, Premier Foods
Naomi Gardner, Innovation Director, Saputo Dairy UK
PACKAGING INNOVATIONS - Plant Derived & Sustainable
13.30 Boost Brand Image, Attract Attention & Fuel Customer Confidence With Inspiring, Cost-Effective, Sustainable Packaging
- Biodegradable, compostable, recyclable… uncover the latest packaging innovations today to ensure you are developing market-leading product packaging
- What are the best plant-based packaging options available right now, and what are their pros and cons?
- Plastic vs. non-plastic: taking all factors into account, if plastic is the best option, what can be done to reduce environmental impact?
- What do both consumers and retailers expect from packaging today, and how can you ensure you are fulfilling ever-growing sustainable desires today?
- How can you create stand-out, sustainable products with eco-friendly packaging – within budget?
Nicola Smith, Group Senior Sustainability Manager, Little Freddie Organic Baby Food
Jo Chidley, Founder, The Beauty Kitchen
HEALTH & NUTRITION - Product Innovation
14.00 Satisfy Consumer Demands By Putting Health & Nutrition At The Forefront Of Innovation To Develop Products That Exceed Customer Expectations
- Vegan = Healthy? When health is wealth ensure you are delivering healthy and nutritious plant-based products
- Excite and captivate customers by getting the balance right between nutrition, texture and colour to develop a product range that will really stand out on the shelf
- Communication is key! Clearly and accurately label your plant-based products to ensure you are not misleading customers
Sara De Angelis, Southern Europe Marketing Director, Délifrance
TO VEGAN & BEYOND- Case Study
14.20 Bonus Case Study With The Body Shop
The Body Shop has championed cruelty-free cosmetics since its inception in 1976 and was the first global beauty brand to fight against animal testing. Now the company is going one step further with its ethics as it gets set to go fully vegan by 2023 by reformulating its entire range of products.
The Body Shop, which is now owned by Natura & Co, has announced that it is removing ingredients such as honey and lanolin from its product range and will be a fully vegan company by the end of 2023.
As part of this journey, The Body Shop has also re-examined animal impacts in its own operations and supply chains and developed a cutting-edge Animal Care and Use Policy with support from animal welfare experts.
Pins Brown, Head of Responsible Procurement, presents the process and insights of furthering the business journey to do no harm to animals in The Body Shop operations and supply chain.
Pins Brown, Head of Responsible Procurement, The Body Shop
14.40 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
15.10 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
NEW TECHNOLOGIES - Q&A Panel
15.40 Invest In The Right Technologies To Boost Efficiencies & Ensure Trace-Free Products That Comply With Regulations & Fly Off Of The Shelves
- Back to basics! Find out what new technologies can do for you, and what machinery is right for your organisation to invest in today
- From raw material to processing and packaging - how can this new tech deliver compelling products that your consumers really want to buy and consume?
- Leverage the right tech to back up your claims and ensure fully trace-free vegan products
Speaker To Be Announced Shortly
16.00 With Ever-Increasing Consumer Awareness Of What They’re Putting In & On Their Bodies, Uncover The Value Of Prioritising Clean Label To Gain & Retain New Customers
- Clean, green, natural, vegan… what do all the terms really mean, and how can we clearly communicate this to customers?
- Start moving towards replacing chemicals with natural, recognisable, store cupboard ingredients and hit multiple birds with one stone providing attractive free-from products
- Get the best out of your plant-based materials to retain their natural nutritional and sustainable goodness
Steve Bessant, Founder / Co-Founder, Boostball/The Coconut Collaborative
16.20 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks
16.30 Official Close Of Conference